The sealing state of the Automobile Oil Seal is that the outer edge of the oil seal and the cavity are statically sealed, while ensuring the reliable positioning of the outer edge of the oil seal between the cavity. The second is the sealing state between the oil seal lip and the shaft. When the shaft rotates, it is a dynamic seal, and when the shaft is stationary, it is a static seal. The combined effect and interaction of various influencing factors may cause oil seal leakage.
Automobile Oil Seal
1) Due to the press-fit tooling, the oil seal is deformed after press-fitting
2) During the assembly process, the oil seal passes through threads or splines, causing scratches on the lip
3) Due to the low roughness of the oil seal and excessive pressing force, the spring fails or the lip is turned over
Due to the material and manufacturing problems of the oil seal spring, its performance is invalid. The spring failure form is: the spring is too tight or too loose. When the spring is too loose, the spring compression force is small and cannot achieve the sealing effect. When the spring is too tight, the spring compression force is large, and the oil seal and the rotating shaft are improperly matched, resulting in abnormal wear of the oil seal. An oil leak has occurred.
The working medium is oil. The selection of the Oil Seal Material should consider its compatibility with the oil. The two have poor compatibility, which will cause lip swelling, hardening, softening, cracking, etc., and eventually oil leakage.
1) Cleanliness issues: casting sand, machined iron filings, oil impurities, etc., a large amount of oil seal lip parts are accumulated, and abnormal wear occurs during work
2) The position of the oil seal and the rotating shaft are not on the same axis, and the eccentric wear occurs after the oil seal is pressed and the lip is abnormally worn
3) Poor lubrication of the lithium-based grease at the oil seal lip will cause dry friction and cause abnormal wear
1) The surface roughness and hardness of the rotating shaft are unreasonable. At present, the automotive industry generally chooses the roughness not less than 0.8, and the parts that cooperate with the oil seal will be high-frequency quenched, and the hardness is not less than HRC55
2) There are defects on the surface of the rotating shaft, such as corrosion, scratches, directional knife marks, etc
If necessary, please contact the Automotive Oil Seal Supplier